129 WARNING: Friends are not familly!

Family isn’t a good word to me. It should bring comfort and security when said,
however it brings me an odd, perhaps bad feeling.

I tried many times to find that comfort and security, but I couldn’t find them.
“Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place”,
I thought, and then I started to look for them in my friends.

I’ve found it! Yes, I did found what I was looking for, however…
Family isn’t the same as friends.
Once I also thought – maybe I’m thinking too much – that they could be my family.

Unfortunately, I was wrong. There’s another part of this equation: they also have families,
and probably that word brings them comfort and security.
They don’t need another one.

They won’t take me to their family travels or family parties.
“I am not part of the family”, I repeated.
Friends are not family, and no matter how much I want, they – or mostly I – will never be.

Nenhum comentário: